PROVIDED BY VA BLOC
Election Day is November 3, 2020
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 9/18/20- In-Person Early Voting begins
- 10/15/20 (by 11:59pm) – Deadline to register to vote/update existing information (extended)
- 10/23/20 (by 5pm) – Deadline to request an Absentee Ballot by mail
- 10/31/20 (by 5pm) – Deadline to Vote Early In-Person
- 11/3/20 (6am-7pm) – Election Day for in-person voting at your precinct
- 11/3/20 (by 7pm) – Deadline to return Absentee Ballot in-person and dropbox
- 11/6/20 (by noon) – Mailed in ballots must be received by noon and be postmarked by 11/3
FIND YOUR VOTING INFORMATION:
- Log into YOUR Citizen Portal: www.tinyurl.com/VABVoterReg
- Confirm your name and address are correct
- Confirm you are ACTIVE in the system
- Update your information until October 13th at 11:59pm online
- See your local precinct and location
- Read about your federal, state, and local representatives
- Register to Vote, Request Absentee Ballots, Track Absentee Ballot, & more!
4 WAYS TO VOTE SAFELY:
- Request Absentee Ballot by Mail, Return by Mail or Drop Box
- Request Absentee Ballot by Mail, Return In-Person
- In-person Early Voting
- In-person Voting on Election Day
For all in-person options, bring your mask, hand sanitizer, Voter ID, and patience.
Rides to Polls:
Yellow Cab will give seniors (60+) who are registered voters without their own transportation, FREE rides to the polls November 3rd in Hampton and Newport News. To schedule your ride call the Peninsula Agency on Aging at (757) 873-0541 by 10:00 AM on November 2nd. Depending on demand, pickup times may be shuffled, and riders may need to share a cab. Yellow Cab will contact and inform riders of the time that they will be picked up.
Also, HRT bus service will be FREE for all riders on November 3rd for anyone needing transportation to their polling place, you can go to www.goHRT.com
November 2020 General Elections:
What’s On Your Ballot?
US House of Representatives – Districts for #757
Qasim Rashid (D)
Rob Wittman* (R)
Elaine Luria* (D)
Scott Taylor (R)
Robert “Bobby” Scott* (D)
Leon Benjamin (R)
Donald McEachin* (D)
|Find your district: |
2 Proposed Constitutional Amendments
Amendment 1 would prevent us from achieving a citizen-only independent process and permanently keeps legislators in the map drawing process.
We encourage a NO vote on Amendment 1!
|Amendment 1: VOTE NO!|
Creates a hyper-partisan redistricting commission allowing legislators and citizens chosen by legislators to draw congressional and state legislative districts. Find more info at www.FairDistrictsVA.com
Eliminates property tax for one vehicle for 100% Disabled Veterans in Virginia
Restoration of Rights:
Did you know that someone who has finished parole and/or probation could be eligible to have their voting rights restored? Once their rights have been restored, they can register to vote, run for office, become a notary public, and serve on a jury. To check your application status or to apply to have your rights restored, visit http://www.restore.virginia.gov – If you need assistance working through the process, contact Michael at either 757-726-7493 or email@example.com – Not all applications will be processed in time to register for this election but it is important to apply!
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to contact us if you still have questions!
Cameron Bell, Lead Organizer, 757-550-1877, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Daniels, Community Organizer, 757-726-7493, email@example.com
Virginia Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative, VA BLOC, is based in Hampton Roads, VA and focuses on building empowered communities. It is a project of New Virginia Majority and works in Integrated Voter Engagement, Civic Involvement, and Leadership Development. If you or your organization wants to join our efforts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter/IG: @VABLOC_HR FaceBook: @VABLOC