Our work continues during this important time! We are changing the way we do our work and we need digital organizers for our 2020 Summer and Fall programs. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and motivated team members! Apply today!
DIGITAL ORGANIZER – Hampton/Newport News
Virginia Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative (VA BLOC), a Hampton Roads grass roots organization, builds empowered communities through integrated voter engagement, civic involvement, and leadership development. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to building sustainable Black political power to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Temporary Part-Time or Temporary Full-Time
Working Remotely, Access to WiFi is helpful
Digital Organizer – VA BLOC is looking for digital organizers for our community work in Hampton and Newport News. This is a unique opportunity to work with the community to create sustainable change and Black political power. Positions are temporary part-time or temporary full-time. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented self-starters.
- Assist in implementing online and digital activities including, but not limited to, phonebanks, video conference meetings, conference calls, live meetings on social media, digital training workshops, and online public events
- Work independently and with fellow organizers
- Assist in planning and hosting events to provide opportunities for supporters and members to make change
- Learn and assist with teaching civic issues and systems, including key issue areas of economic justice, education, public safety, and voting rights
- Learn and explore local and state government impacts on community issues
- Assist with active and engaging social media posts
- Build and maintain relationships digitally with the community
- Collect and analyze data trends for organizing work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to connect with diverse audiences
- Clear and effective written and spoken communication
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to meet goals and strict deadlines
- Social Media Savvy
- Comfort with Google products and Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work well in collaborative environment
- If a student, must be 2nd year or later in Educational Program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Hourly. $15/hour and stipend for WiFi/Cellphone
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click here to apply: bit.ly/2020DigiOrgApp
All applications must be completed by May 10, 2020 by 11:59pm.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.