COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS – Hampton/Newport News
VA Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative (VA BLOC), a Hampton Roads grass roots organization, builds empowered communities through integrated voter engagement, civic involvement, and leadership development. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to building sustainable Black political power to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Hampton Office, working in Hampton and Newport News
Organizer – VA BLOC is looking for organizers for our community work in Hampton and Newport News. This is a unique opportunity to work within the community to create sustainable change and Black political power. Positions are full-time, salaried, with benefits. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented self-starters.
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers to make positive change within the community
- Implement activities including, but not limited to, phonebanks, canvassing, voter registration, training workshops, and public events
- Work independently and with fellow organizers
- Community Outreach to supporters and membership
- Plan and host events to provide opportunities for supporters and members to make change
- Organize and manage volunteer actions
- Teach about civic issues and systems, including key issue areas of economic opportunity, health care access, education, and voting rights
- Empower people of color to participate in state and local issue initiatives
- Utilize technology for efficient systems management
- Build and maintain relationships within the community
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to connect with diverse audiences
- Clear and effective written and spoken communication
- High attention to detail
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to meet goals and strict deadlines
- Ability to utilize Social Media pages
- Comfort with Google products and Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Desire to build within the community
- Previous leadership experience
- Must be 18 years old or older
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Negotiable. Salaried. Salary range $36,000-$43,000 commensurate with experience.
Health benefits, vacation time, stipends for travel, and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with position name in the subject header.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Know someone who is interested in apply? Share this flyer with them!
[…] Apply Here: Virginia Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative […]