We are hiring for our Voter Registration program in Hampton and Newport News!
VR ORGANIZERS – Hampton/Newport News
VA Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative (VA BLOC), a Hampton Roads grass roots organization, builds empowered communities through integrated voter engagement, civic involvement, and leadership development. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to building sustainable Black political power to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Full-time and Part Time, Temporary and Permanent
Hampton Office, working in Hampton and Newport News
Organizer: VA BLOC is looking for organizers for its voter registration campaigns. This is a unique opportunity to work on a non-traditional data and research driven voter registration campaign that will transition to get-out-the-vote efforts in the fall. Positions are available in Hampton and Newport News. Ideal candidates will be driven, highly organized, detail-oriented and self-starters.
- Assisting in door-to-door and other methods of registering voters
- Looking for citizens who may be eligible for Restoration of Rights
- Assisting Regional Field Director in meeting program goals
- Working with volunteers and fellow staff members to complete assigned tasks
- Ensuring accurate and complete data is submitted
- Organizers will manage and execute voter contact tactics such as phone banks, canvasses, voter registration drives, and visibility events.
- Field Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet goals and strict deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be 18 years of age.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Hourly pay at $15/hr and stipend for transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to RegisterToVote@va-bloc.org with the position name.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.