DAY 5: Photo-ID for Voting
It is now Virginia law that you must present an acceptable form of ID in order to vote at the polls.
Here is a list of acceptable forms of valid identification:
- Virginia driver’s license
- Virginia DMV-issued photo ID
- United States passport
- Employer-issued photo ID
- Student photo ID issued by a school, college, or university located in Virginia
- Other U.S. or Virginia government-issued photo ID
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal photo ID
- Virginia Voter Photo ID card
Did you know?
- Photo IDs can be used to vote up to one year after the ID has expired.
- If you do not have one of the above ID’s, you can simply go to your nearest voter registration office to get a FREE Voter Photo ID – even on Election Day!
Forgot your photo ID on Election Day?
If you get to your polling place without acceptable photo ID, you can vote a provisional ballot. You will be given instructions on what to do so your vote can count.
Still have questions? No Problem!
NOTE:::: The Department of Elections has extended their customer service hours and is available to answer your voter related questions from the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Customer service hours have also extended to Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please call us at (800) 552-9745 and select Option 1.
For more information on Voter Photo-ID, please visit the Virginia Department of Elections website!