Virginia Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative, VA BLOC, is based in Hampton Roads and focuses on building empowered communities. It is a project of New Virginia Majority. Currently in Hampton and Newport News, VA BLOC works in Voter Engagement, Civic Engagement, and Leadership Development. For more information, please visit our website www.VA-BLOC.org If you or your organization wants to join our efforts, please contact Director Marcia Price at – MPrice@VA-BLOC.org or 757-751-9081 or visit www.tinyurl.com/VABLOC
YOUR VOTE DOES MATTER!!!
Local General Elections are November 5, 2019
DID YOU KNOW? At any given time, there are at least 20 elected officials that make decisions about your everyday life. You have a say in who they are!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 9/21/19- In-Person Absentee Voting begins
- 10/15/19 -Deadline to register to vote/update existing information
- 10/29/19 (by 5pm) – Deadline to request an Absentee Ballot by mail
- 11/02/19 (by 5pm) – Deadline to Vote In-Person Absentee
- 11/5/19 – Election Day – Polls are open 6am-7pm
Already registered? Use your Citizen Portal (www.tinyurl.com/VACitizenPortal):
- Confirm your name and address in the voter system.
- Confirm you are ACTIVE in the system prior to the registration deadline.
- Find your voting location and your districts.
Virginia Voter Info: elections.virginia.gov
- Find out more information about Photo ID requirements.
- See how to request an Absentee Ballot.
- Get more information for College Students & Military.
What’s On Your Ballot?
November 2019 General Elections
Senate of Virginia
1st District: T. Monty Mason* (D)
2nd District: Mamie Locke* (D)
House of Delegates
District 91: Martha Mugler (D) vs. Colleen Holcomb (R)
District 92: Jeion Ward* (D)
District 93: Michael Mullin* (D) vs. Heather Cardasco (R)
District 94: David Yancey* (R) vs. Shelly Simonds (D)
District 95: Marcia “Cia” Price* (D)
*Indicates incumbent seeking re-election
Absentee Voting: Need to vote before Election Day? You may be eligible for Absentee Voting! Click here for more information!
Acceptable Photo-ID For Election Day: Did you know you can get a FREE Photo ID from the Voter Registrar if you don’t have one of the listed ID’s or if you have one and it’s expired?! Click for more info: http://elections.virginia.gov/registration/photo-ids-required-to-vote/
Find Who Your Current Representatives Are & Contact Them! Make sure your representatives have heard from you on your issues and concerns! Also drop them a line when things are going well! http://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/
Restoration of Rights: Restoring your rights is an important step in your reentry! You can go online to restore.virginia.gov to request your rights be restored or to check the status of your request. If you have any questions, please call us at 757-751-9081 and we can help! Or you can contact Revive My Vote at (844) 932-8683 for help with your restoration of rights process.
This post was updated 7/3/19